Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fabric Whoredom

 
 
Fabric Whore
 
 
Some things run in us, genetic or hereditary. There is hair color, eye color, personalities.. I believe things like alcholism and such. I also think that things like: collecting things might be inherent. I think my father has a genetic affinity for collecting junk. If there is a garage sale he will find it and buy something. Then he will drag it to my house and then tell me I have way to much shit at my house. I think to myself, "hmmm ~ could any of that crap be yours?" When half of it is! lol

Anyways, I don't know who I would have inherited this from, but I believe I have an affinity for fabric. I am a fabric whore. Is this something that runs in my family? I know my mother could sew clothes and make outfits amazingly well! My grandmother could crochet and draw beautifully. I make quilts, they are alright.. I like them and they keep us warm. But I just have this affliction, I need fabric. More and more fabric. There is never enough. I am always seeing quilt patterns that I want to make so I need fabric for them. I have lots and lots of fabric together for certain quilts I want to make, but I crave more! MORE! The fabric whore comes out in me at JoAnn's and Lori's Pins and Needles and Quilter's Nest.
 
So, I will embrace my fabric whoriness. I will indulge and gorge my quilters
heart and desires with fabric. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Is there a cure for this? A pill? I guess it could be worse, I could be a tequila whore and my clothes could fall off.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment