Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Someone is stealing their poop

Jan 17 2012

The plan: train the girls to use the toilet, instead of having a litter box.  Time for this brilliant idea is: about 4 weeks.
(I will be updating this every few days or so, keep ya up on the progress or lack of!)

Step 1: Yesterday "Lovin' Man" and I took the hoopty to Walmart. While there I picked up a new kitty litter box. I needed to get a smaller one, so that it would fit in the bathroom next to the toilet. It was late when we got home so I didn't really feel like messing with setting up the "new box".
Today when I got home from doing some errands, I finally cleaned out the old box and put the new clean one in the bathroom. Foreseeable problems with the new plan. Why yes, I do see there might be some problems ~  1: they won't train and I have to go back to the usual cat box situation and 2: "Lovin Man" or I will end up stepping an a litter box with "donations", in the middle of the night. When we move on to step 2, we have a whole new set of possible problems. We will go into those when we are closer to step 2. So send me prayers and wish the girls luck!

So it begins.. our first donations, I am not sure who donated this: but I have an idea and it is a great start!
Pretty soon the girls are going to start looking like this:

and it kind of looks like Ms Kitty Fu!

Jan 19 2012

It has been a couple of days and the girls don't like the litter box moved. How do I know this, you ask? Well, I walked into the hallway where it used to be, where now I put the vacuum. I found this little gem.


I think what happend was a cat decided to crap on the vacuum and it rolled off. Seriously!
I guess I have been "told".. but I am not giving up! Now on facebook I said that I finally found another use for my San G yearbooks. I know they can be used as door stops.. and a bookend. You can use them to hide papers that you don't want anyone to see, because they are to lazy to lift the damn things and be nosy. You can use them to smack a kid with, but my favorite has always been.. kill the fucking spiders with!! Our yearbooks are so heavy that if you chuck one on a spider, it is splat city. Then you just leave it there, til hubby gets home and cleans it up. But now is the "cherry on top" of the usage for the yearbook: to raise the kitty litter box when you are trying to teach your cat to use a toilet!  I used all four of mine and it raised just enough for the start of Step 3.


I knew buying those plastic covers were a good idea!


Oh San Gorgonio High School we raise our litter box to thee!

Step 3: Start raising the cat box, getting it higher to the toilet. As we begin this process, the girls and I, ("Lovin' Man" really doesn't want to be invovled in this whole experiment), I will keep you up to date. I know you are just dying to know if this comes out good or bad.

I hope I am not going to fast with the raising of the box. But I have taken out the yearbooks and put in some pepsi crates. Thank goodness for my dad. He donated the crates to the "experiment".



Kind of pretty colors.. but I doubt the cats appreciate it.


I laid the bust on Ffiona! I think it pissed her off, but what is she going to do.. flip me off?
Okay to recap: have raised the cat box for the second time.. things seem to be going alright.. I will probably leave it this high for a bit. I have another crate to add in about a week. The third crate ought to take it to the top or a bit higher than the toilet seat. Then on to step 4~

Third crate time. Going to lift the littler box again. Last night I did get ready to go to bed and found that Ms Kitty Fu had tried to bury something (which she isn't good at anyway) she had dumped it on it's side, and there were "donations" an litter all over! Not my idea of a fun night, right before going to bed. Okay, one snafu so far, not bad.. litter mess isn't too bad. I can live with it!

Jan31: We have finally hit step 4:  I have put the roasting pan into the toilet. It fits really good and I didn't even have to use duct tape! What a relief! lol So the girls checked it out, and I don't think that they are too impressed with it. I added a clump of used litter from the other box, so they would know they can "donate" in there. I did get this.. Ffiona checking it out:


Ffiona wanting to know what is happening to her potty boxes? They keep disappearing!


GlidaBelle, just can't understand.. WHY????
I will keep ya updated, but so far I am feeling good about the experiment! I hope this works...

Feb. 2, 2012


I talked to "Lovin' Man" today at lunch and it seems that his day is going a bit better than his morning did. As some of you know, I am trying to toilet train "the girls".. well Ffiona has been doing the green-apple dance for the last few days.. and "Lovin' Man" got to see it first hand this morning. When he went in the bathroom at the crack of dark, Ffiona had had a shit fit all over the toilet.. that cat is soo talented that she even got some on the bathtub... how the hell do you get crap on the bathtub when you are trying to cover it up? It is almost like she is doing it one purpose, to thwart my plans of toilet training. I am NOT giving up! They will not beat me!  (can you believe that I actually used the word "thwart".. buwwhahaha)
Pictures to come later.. just kidding, NO ONE wants to see a picture of that! :D

Feb. 5

I have updated the roasting pan in the toilet. I have taken out the non flushable cat litter and added flushable.
I got this cat litter from Petco. I am hoping it doesn't plug up the toilet. Now as soon as I put it in the roasting pan, GlidaBelle had to check it out. Ffiona did too, Fu Cat is still fighting the whole thing. She is my problem cat. I think it doesn't help, that I have started calling her "Gertha". She is getting chunky!
So this is what it looks like now:
Looks kind of funny doesn't it. I guess my floor matching the litter color doesn't help either. Just thankful it isn't crunchy tile, lol they would be pooping all over! I know that Fu is going to fight this until the end, but dammit, she is NOT going to win!!



SHE WON!


She isn't a good winner either.. see, she is giving me the Stink Eye!

The battle of the cat poop is over. Ms. Kitty Fu has won. I have been beaten by a 10.7lb cat. We will no longer be trying to toilet train them. GlidaBelle and Ffiona were on board but Fu Cat started a rebellion and she won. Kitty Poop War of 2012 is over, only one casualty and it is me~


6 comments:

  1. We wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor.We couldn't train three boys to hit the toilet and you are going to try to train three cats! we'll keep watching for progress. I wonder if they will get "shy" having their pictures taken while on the pot doing their business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all of the luck I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that my favorite cat, Kitty Fu, will start pooping in the tub, just because that is in her sunny and oh so cheerful disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agee, Ms Kitty Fu is such a loving and giving little cat.. she wants us to know she cares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping it works for you...and then I might get brave & try it myself. Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping it works too! I expect you to write about your training exploits also Holly! ;)

    ReplyDelete