Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Nerd File

     I am such a nerd, and I am not scared to admit it. I don' think I am very good at it but I do enjoy it. Seriously. I get into these moods where I will read and read and read books on a certain subject. Example, I went through my "Asian" phase. I read mostly, if not all, fiction and non-fiction on Chinese and Japanese culture and people. I am still just a little bit involved in that phase, I just found a book at Barnes and Noble, that has my name written all over it. When I save a little cash I will get it.
    Barnes and Noble is one of my habits. I don't have too many of those pesky "get your mind thinking" type habits, but reading is a pretty big one, oh and can be expensive. As much as I love Barnes and Noble, I do have to go on the cheap most of the time and hit up Half.com. I look at it as recycling. Save trees, buy used books if you can! I think that is probably pretty nerdy in some peoples eyes also.
    Right now I am in my "Kennedy" phase. I don't know why I am so interested in that family/era. But some things just amaze me. I won't go into detail and bore anyone to tears, but I have so many feelings about that time and family. I know, I know, I wasn't even born when President Kennedy was shot, but I think our country is still feeling the effects of that tragic event. This country was totally robbed.  Now I am not a politico in any sense, at all. I just enjoy the history and love to know the person, the real person or person's that lived. It isn't just our history, in the Asian phase, I read about Madame Mao and found it to be very interesting. I sure wouuld not want to be taking a quiz about it though.
     It is a good thing that I do not work in a bookstore, we would never get a paycheck and I would probably end up working for free. I am pretty sure that "Lovin' Man" would get tired of it. He would be paying the book store for letting me work there! whahahaha. If I lived closer to a book store i would probably never be home. Okay, maybe sharing my time between the books and a fabric store.. they are way to close together, where we shop. That would be a lethal combination for a book and fabric junkie! Overdose on words and sewing.. or hell, words about sewing!
    All in all,  I think I can live with being a nerd. I kind of relish in it. I thrive. I don't think I could live without books. I even love the smell of books. OMGosh, the smell of a new book, when walking into B&N, and going up to a shelf lined with books, just grab one off that shelf and open it and take a deep breath! I would probably wear a book inspired perfume. Now, that shouts NERD! So bring it on, Nerds unite.. enjoy reading or computing or sewing, whatever you think makes you a nerd and embrace it!

2 comments:

  1. My inner nerd loves genealogy.....OMG I could read history for hours & hours. Great piece thanks for sharing....ya NERD! lol

    ReplyDelete