Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taco Thursday @ Casa Holley

I have to admit, I do like Taco Bell on occasion, the boys have kind of burned me out on it though. I love going to eat Mexican food at an authentic Mexican restaurant. Not one of those tasteless restaurants that are huge chains. You know the ones I am talking about.. Guadala Harrys or Hacienda or that rat's ass place Taco Tierra. OMGOD, no self respecting Mexican or person that loves good Mexican food would ever, ever, ever, EVER go there! I also don't use that crap out of a box either. I think it is Ol' El Paso or something like that. Might as well munch on some shitty as fried cardboard! I wouldn't even use those as tortilla chips, if they were broken up. I hope I am never so desperate that I have to use boxed premade taco shells!  So tonight I decided it was going to be Taco Thursday at Casa Holley..



Now I am not of Mexican descent, but this looks, and sure did taste pretty damn good. I have made home made tortillas before, but did not do that. I did heat them in hot oil and shape them. I also, did not make the beans.. that I have made before also.. Shelley (can't remember her last name, and it pisses me off), taught me in cooking class at San Gorgonio High School.. soooo long ago! I have been taught how to make spanish rice and damned if I can make that shit right either. I have tried and tried and decided to put it on hold for a while. "Lovin' Man" doesn't like rice, any kind of rice, really. So that isn't any big loss. I just know.. and it is what I KNOW that counts, that my tacos taste pretty damn good! Can you honestly look at those and say you wouldn't want to at least give it a taste? Next time you decide that it is taco night at your casa, make your own, it takes very little time or work and look what you can treat your family to! Come on, one little bite? You know you want to! Bon Appetite or Buen provecho!

2 comments:

  1. That plate looks like it belongs in a totally upscale restaurant. It's a wonderful feeling cooking a nice meal for your family and sitting down and eating it together. I know you feel the same way by the pride you took in making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, what a great comment!

    ReplyDelete